"Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There’s no escape."
Taxi Driver (1976) dir. Martin Scorsese
"You can tell a lot about someone by the type of music they listen to. Hit shuffle on your media player and write down the first 20 songs. Rules: No skipping! Then pass this on to 10 people"
Tagged by artlung (Thank you!)
- "Love In The Shadows" - Elizabeth Daily
- "Jimmy Loves Maryann" - Josie Cotton
- "Queen Of The Supermarket" - Bruce Springsteen
- "Practical Magic" - Alan Silvestri
- "Faithfully" - Peter Cetera
- "Radio" - Lana Del Rey
- "Waiting For A Star To Fall" - Boy Meets Girl
- "Rose" - Titanic Soundtrack
- "Young and Beautiful" - Lana Del Rey
- "Morning Has Broken" - Cat Stevens
- "The Sound Of Silence" - Simon & Garfunkel
- "Someday (We’ll Be Together)" - Bruce Springsteen
- "Hold On Loosely" - .38 Special
- "Walk Like A Man" - Divine
- "2HB" - Bryan Ferry
- "Uptown Girl" - Billy Joel
- "Talk To Ya Later" - The Tubes
- "Take ‘Em As They Come" - Bruce Springsteen
- "Ride" - Lana Del Rey
- "They Don’t Know" - Tracey Ullman
(Source: nobunnyluvsyou, via artlung)
Slim darling, you came along and into my arms and into my heart and all the real true love I have is yours – and now I’m afraid you won’t understand and that you’ll become impatient and that I’ll lose you – but even if that happened, I wouldn’t stop loving you for you are my last love and all the rest of my life I shall love you and watch you and be ready to help you should you ever need help.
All the nice things I do each day would be so much sweeter and so much gayer if you were with me. I find myself saying a hundred times a day, ‘If Slim could only see that’ or ‘I wish Slim could hear this.’ I want to make a new life with you – I want all the friends I’ve lost to meet you and know you and love you as I do – and live again with you, for the past years have been terribly tough, damn near drove me crazy. You’ll soon be here, Baby, and when you come you’ll bring everything that’s important to me in this world with you.
— Humphrey Bogart’s letter to Lauren Bacall
Illustration by Pruett Carter for Ladies’ Home Journal story, “Embrace” ,1953 (via)
When will they open a few vintage styled night clubs where we can dance to oldies, dress incredibly and still look at the pretty lights
"She burns with a nervous brightness that at times is unbearable to watch. Life itself is too treacherous for this woman to survive it…not because she is fragile, necessarily…but because she is sensitive.
The world is not kind to its most sensitive members. And she is a master fantasist, escape artist, and pretender. She has to be."